Eye Condition, concerned

Status
Not open for further replies.

clippergirl

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
One of my redfoot yearlings has what appeared to be discharge in the inner corner of one eye. On closer examination it appears to be swelling that is grayish -white in color and does not wipe off or out.
SHe has a great diet, the proper lighting and humidity and now is in the outdoor enclosure with her frame of cypress substrate which also has a sphagnum moss cave dampened as well. She has a good appetite and to watch her navigate around and eat you would never guess that she is ailing.
Yesterday we started giving her applications of CLO, wait ten minutes, and then neosporin. When in her indoor digs the Repti-glo 2.0 for light and a standard light bulb for heat at one end is what she has, so I can't imagine it being caused from the light though I certainly can't rule it out having read about that.
I can't tell if it is her inner lid or the tissue at teh eye corner. If anyone would like to see this I have a nice close up pic of it.
Any clues to this would be appreciated. Vet appt this week,...but your input would be great as vets aren't always accurate and can be so expensive when they say ' just to rule it out".

thanks in advance,
marcy

elegans

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I am guessing from your description that it is simply her nictating membrane. If she is behaving normally no need to worry. My redfoots go all over the place depending on time of year, temp, humidity and anything else that they can drive me crazy with. I have just learned to mostly not over worry and watch what they tell you. Best wishes Douglas Beard / Flora & Fauna

Status
Not open for further replies.