Eye issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faery

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alaska
While I was cuddling with Albie last night I noticed he had what looked like eye gunk in his one eye. After his soak this morning he still has it. I've wiped his eye with a wet q-tip hoping it would come off but no luck. Here's a picture of it:
IMG_0657.JPG
Any idea what's going on and what, if anything, I can do to help him?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Maggie Cummings

Can you take a closer pix? If it looks like foam that's normal, but you should be able to wipe off anything in and eye. But I can't see the gunk good enough...

Faery

5 Year Member
Alaska
To me it looks 'thicker' than a foam, more like a mucus. This picture may be better... I really need a good macro lens for this...

IMG_0710.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Maggie Cummings

That is a better picture and what a pretty face that is. Am I looking at the white spot over his eye? His eyeball looks clear and his nictatating membrane is not showing, I really don't think there's a problem...

Faery

5 Year Member
Alaska
Thanks for the compliment! I think he has a striking face, but as his mom I'm fairly biased...

It is the white spot that I am concerned about. His eyes do both look clear, my worry is that this is something new and new can be scary. I guess for now I'll just watch him and hope it goes away. It certainly doesn't seem to be effecting him. He ate more last night than I've seen him eat before and he was very active. I just wish I knew what it was...

Thanks for the opinions! This place is truly wonderful...

Status
Not open for further replies.