Feeding 1 month old Hermann

mkaykay

Location (City and/or State)
Minnesota
Hi everyone,
I'd love some help/guidance on feeding my tortoise. I've not even had him a week yet but I'd love to hear what everyone else does to feed their tort
I've read that some people chop up the leaves and mix everything together
I've seen people just put leaves in the habitat
I also wonder if I should only be feeding him for so long and then taking the food away? He's being really stubborn already (surprise surprise;) ) and won't touch pansies, dandelion or other weeds/plants I've pulled from the garden. Then I put a tiny piece of broccoli in and he practically attacked it. I know I need to be strict and five other options as well so don't want to give him broccoli as I've heard only small amounts are okay. I've heard yes to collard greens and no.

Any advice on what healthy calcium rich food torts love? How often and long to feed? How it's prepared?? I've read all I can read now I need personal experience feedback for my little guy.

Thanks! ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1441034342.957100.jpg

conservation

10 Year Member!
Did you read Chris' thread on Hermann's care? It will answer all your questions. I feed mine plantain weeds, hibiscus flowers, dandelion, pumpkin leaves and flowers, opuntia cactus, grape leaves, red clover and several other types of weeds that grow locally. Make sure to soak your hatchling everyday in shallow luke warm water. They need to stay hydrated.

Make sure your temperatures and humidity is at the correct level.

mkaykay

Location (City and/or State)
Minnesota
I read it :) I just don't know if I should feed them leaves or dice everything up together