Feeding Time at the Zoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
I thought I would share some pictures of my various box turtles.

The first is a 2.1 group of EBT's from a rescue in Maryland.
DSC08853.jpg

This little EBT was a victim of my neighbor's rototiller. He is now healthy. I want to see him eat a bit more. He is only about 2".

DSC08854.jpg

DSC08855.jpg

This one came from someone who sadly found him and several deceased kittens in a box in her yard. He's got a good thing now!

DSC08850.jpg

Last but not least, these are my new 3-toeds rescued from PA. They are a very shy group of 3.1.
DSC08858.jpg

DSC08857.jpg

DSC08856.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I LOVE box turtles! Aren't they just the most personable turtles ever? What is that you are feeding them?

Thanks for sharing,

Yvonne

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Thanks Isa and Yvonne! Today's meal was a combo of shredded butternut squash, carrot and turtle brittle. I love boxies for their personality also.

M

Maggie Cummings

Those are great pictures! I just got my first Eastern box turtle adopted from MATTS. I love box turtles, they are such easy keepers and they eat so good. I tried to feed mine butternut squash for the first time and Ginger the new rescue ate all hers and my spoiled colony didn't eat any...I always think I feed my animals so good then when I get one from somewhere else they will eat anything, and my spoiled bunch turn their collective noses up at anything that isn't fruit or alive...
great pictures...

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Thanks Maggie! The top 3 from Maryland are from Matts. She is a great gal. Once I get some more pens completed. I will be in touch with her again. Mine would also prefer fruit and worms but I try to alternate their diet as much as possible.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
They are all beautiful Dee. Boxies are my favorite too. I could watch them all day. I notice mine is more active now that she is outside.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Thanks Terry! I could watch them all day also.

Status
Not open for further replies.