Feeding

Pameladale

5 Year Member
Hello everyone, I had 3 baby box turtles hatch about 2.5 months ago and 3 or 4 weeks ago ive been feeding them everyday twice a day and soaking them 2 times a day. Just wondering when I should switch them over to once a day for feeding? Or how much I should be feeding them they will usually eat 1 king worm 1 wax worm per feeding I will give them a pheonix worm on top of that or instead a blue horned worm and king worm per feeding. Is this too much? I just try to feed till they dont want anymore

margykid

The seize,the weight, the excersise it does in the day.You know you're torts best and you will probably do it right.

margykid

Just trust your instincts. If they don't finish what you put in their cage it is to much food, if they eat it in a flash and still seem hungry, then they need more food.:);)

Lyles

When my first batch hatched I started to feed them each a red wiggler dusted in calcium each day until they doubled in size, then I gave them 2 worms ea. When they got to around 2.5" I moved them over to the terrarium and they began to eat what the adults ate.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
My youngest one is almost 2 years old and I feed once a day, but I throw in lots of pill bugs and small red worms for him to hunt. In the morning he gets some chopped greens, fruit and veggies, chopped very tiny mixed with ground venison. I change the greens, fruits and veggies each week, but I always put in cooked chopped carrot and sweet potato in the mix. In the afternoon I will give some kind of worm or buggie thing.