female greek not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

starjess81

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
KY
I got 2 greek tortoises over Thanksgiving, Bonnie and Clyde. Clyde eats like a champ, trying new food (my salads must be better than the petstore) and loves soaking in his bath and is very social. Bonnie has no interest in eating, soaking or being social. I don't know what to do. I feed them fresh daily and soak them everyday besides clean water bowl daily in their cage. I'm getting worried!!!!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Every tort is different as you have discovered. They all have different personalities and the amount of time they've had to settle is very short. Right now Bonnie's getting used to the new deal and she's decided that she doesn't trust you or the food yet.

You are soaking her daily which is good; she won't get dehydrated. Also this means you are handling her regularly which helps her to get to used to the idea that you are OK!

Try to stick to a regular routine of times for bathing and feeding so she gets used to the new home and what happens. Make sure that she gets quiet time; don't bother her constantly... and make sure Clyde's not bothering her either. She needs the chance to opt out.

Try putting a tray of supermarket living lettuce in for your torts to browse on. It might be that, at some time when Clyde's having a snooze and you're not around, she'll start to eat.

Hunger will get the better of her assuming she's showing no signs of illness and she will eat!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Are Bonnie and Clyde the same size as one another? How do they interact with one another....hang out together, stay away from one another?
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.