Fighting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobycontire

5 Year Member
My two red foots have been fighting lately. I know that because they are both male, this is common and separation is required... But I am confused on how two torts who have lived together for 12+ years would all of a sudden hate each other out of the blue? Could it be the fact that in the wild this would be their mating season? Or could they be fighting bc they are sick (which they are, they are currently getting treated for a respiratory infection). I just want them to be friends again!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
If they are sick and fighting they must really not get along. They will probably never be friends again, once they hit puberty they often fight.

Nixxy

5 Year Member
New Hampshire
Generally speaking, once two torts start to fight, it keeps happening. As dmmj said, once they get to a certain age it's a whole different story.

Don't want to risk an injury, might just want house them separately.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
This is unusual for redfoots, but it can happen. I have two sulcata males that lived together with a third one for almost ten years with no problems. One day, they each decided not to tolerate the other male any more. That was it. They are still separated to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.