Finally!

NEtorts

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
North East
After keeping tortoises for 22 years. I have finally gotten my first babies in an incubator!
had some Greeks breed and hatched babies in the soil of their enclosure a few years back…
but my leopard tortoise female Thor ( thought she was a male forever ). Has bred successfully this season and today I got the surprise of 2 fully hatched and 1 more peeping through in the incubator… I have 51 eggs from 3 clutches… these were lid on 8/8. Hatched 8/18

so excited. 😬

Attachments

• 0C41471E-CAA3-48A1-BC67-282FFF0C48B7.jpeg
    0C41471E-CAA3-48A1-BC67-282FFF0C48B7.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
After keeping tortoises for 22 years. I have finally gotten my first babies in an incubator!
had some Greeks breed and hatched babies in the soil of their enclosure a few years back…
but my leopard tortoise female Thor ( thought she was a male forever ). Has bred successfully this season and today I got the surprise of 2 fully hatched and 1 more peeping through in the incubator… I have 51 eggs from 3 clutches… these were lid on 8/8. Hatched 8/18

so excited. 😬
That IS exciting! Enjoy!!

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I too am so excited for you. I hope you keep posting pictures of the hatchlings. 😁

AmandaF

Congresbury

so excited. 😬
That is amazing, please could you keep putting pictures up? As my leopard was 18 months when I got her so would love to watch them grow. Thank you

etreal

Monterrey, Mexico.
successfully

so excited. 😬
Can you please let me know what was the average temperature in the incubator, and how many days took them to hatch? Many thanks and again, congratulations!