Finished outdoor enclosure. Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimbledoe

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
North Central Washington
I finally have a few things growing in the new outdoor enclosure. Oakley is having a blast going around and taking a few bites out of many of the plants. The enclosure is 16' x 8'.

We still are working on the wire frame for the top. So far we watch Oakley 1 to 2 hours a day. There are 3 hides, water dish/bath.

I know it may look like she would be able to climb up the rocks. So far she is not even interested in trying. We watch her all the time she is out. But after we build the wire frame for the top, and if need be we will add the 18" board with lip all the way around.

See if you can see Oakley, kinda center left.

Nimbledoe

5 Year Member
North Central Washington
Thanks for your kind words. I had no idea she would eat so much. She has devoured 2 pansy plants, half of the Nasturtium, geranium and saxifrage plants. I had sewed the Russian mix seeds I got from Carolina Pet Supply which are 1 - 2" high and Oakley just walks along eating them. You may be smiling at me, but this is the first Tortoise I have ever owned or even been able to observe. So everything is new to me. :eek:)

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Outstanding, that is one sweet enclosure

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I like it!!

That one piece of drift wood looks like a T-Rex.

Nimbledoe

5 Year Member
North Central Washington
Yvonne G said:
I like it!!

That one piece of drift wood looks like a T-Rex.

Thanks again for everyone's kind comments. Yes, we found that drift wood looking 'thing' and thought it would add to the enclosure. I'm hoping the plants and ground cover can get ahead of Oakley and fill the area in more.

WillTort2

5 Year Member
Very nice job! You may find you need to have a portable divider section that can be moved around to give the plants a chance to regrow.

Good to hear that Oakley likes feeding in his new enclosure.

Hermann

10 Year Member!
Look awesome! What part of the world do you live in? Still a bit cold all night for our Herman tomorrow here in Boston..

Nimbledoe

5 Year Member
North Central Washington
Hermann said:
Look awesome! What part of the world do you live in? Still a bit cold all night for our Herman tomorrow here in Boston..

I live in North Central Washington. Day temps are in 80s most days now. I only put Oakley out for a few hours so far. I don't plan on leaving her out over night until the night temps increase. Its been a strange spring...hot then cold, then warm etc. Nothing consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.