First check-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

akp022

5 Year Member
I have a quick question: I am taking Aggie to the reptile vet on Tuesday for his first check-up, the vet is only 10 mins away from my home, but it is winter and my car takes a very long time to warm up, plus the time it will take in at the vet, I'm a little concerned about Aggie's warmth. I was thinking about take a heat pack (that holds heat for about 8 hours) and putting it under the box he'll be in but im not sure if this will provide enough warmth for the entire visit. Is this a good solution or does anyone have another idea?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I don't think you have to worry about that short of a trip. Just wrap him up in a towel and he should stay warm enough until you get there.

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Surprise, AZ
The first time I took one to the vet I completely freaked and bought a little hot pack and everything. They are fine for a little while. Sounds like the whole ordeal for you will be less than one hour. You could warm your up before you put her in it...even at the vet if you feel you need to. I'm sure they won't mind! Some nice warm towels will be good too...BUT from my experience they usually pee and poo during the ordeal...so don't use your favorite ones!

Status
Not open for further replies.