First Hingeback!

methos75

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Lawrenceville, IL via Walker, LA
Nothing really new to report. He is still a picky eater though I do have him eating Mazuri now along with his Mushrooms and fruit. Still zero luck with greens and he only nibbles on hard boiled eggs and fish. But he has had some nice solid growth since may with some new growth lines popping up.

May:

Attachments

• 4D9E4611-E3C4-4FE8-841C-5C04582B45A7.png
    4D9E4611-E3C4-4FE8-841C-5C04582B45A7.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1

2turtletom

5 Year Member
Akron, Ohio
Nothing really new to report. He is still a picky eater though I do have him eating Mazuri now along with his Mushrooms and fruit. Still zero luck with greens and he only nibbles on hard boiled eggs and fish. But he has had some nice solid growth since may with some new growth lines popping up.

May:
That's a great sign that he's doing well. I don't feed mine greens ever- i don't think that there's much benefit to them, as these tortoises would not be eating annual plants in the wild. They're scavenging the shady forest floor for whatever falls from above - mainly starchy fruits and carrion, and then eating what is on the floor, things like snails, earthworms, mushrooms, and lots of arthropods.

methos75

10 Year Member!
Lawrenceville, IL via Walker, LA
That's a great sign that he's doing well. I don't feed mine greens ever- i don't think that there's much benefit to them, as these tortoises would not be eating annual plants in the wild. They're scavenging the shady forest floor for whatever falls from above - mainly starchy fruits and carrion, and then eating what is on the floor, things like snails, earthworms, mushrooms, and lots of arthropods.
Yeah, he will eat the dry leaves I use for his substrate time to time which based on research seems to be normal, he also ate his Pothos down to the roots.