First sulcata

Tanks owner

Location (City and/or State)
Matthews nc
Hey,
Just came across this forum and have learned a ton already from reading. I just wanted to get some opinions on how often I should feed my sulcata, his name is tank and how much? He can already eat 2 full leafs of lettuce. After reading though I realize I need to change this up and start feeding him different grasses and such. Thanks you all.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). You should be feeding him every day and way more then a lettuce leaf. A big pile, enough that he has some left over the next day. Water available 24/7. Below in my post is Toms care sheet for sulcata hatchlings, read it and adjust to your size tort.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

I feed my baby tortoises every day. I go out into the yard with scissors and a plastic bag, and I cut some hollyhock leaves, clover, a few different kinds of weeds and some greens from the garden. I bring it in and wash it all off. To that I add endive, escarole and radicchio. I chop all this up together and sprinkle some calcium powder over it then mix it all up. I put a big spoonful on the feeding tile. If the tortoise eats it all up, then I didn't give him enough. I want to have enough food there so he can keep going back to it throughout the day and eat more.

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Northern California, bay area

Tanks owner

Matthews nc
Thanks so much so far for the help!!! It's funny, the people I bought him/her from told me to use that and that lettuce would be fine to feed him that's it. Very grateful to find great people like you all to help and give tips too. Thank you. I'm currently building a 6 by 4 table and see all your post about keeping it enclose and will definitely try my best to