First time tortoise owner in Canada

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
I am not a redfoot keeper but the Tortoise Library link I gave you earlier suggests you need 80-85F day and night.

When it's dark, maintain temperatures with a Ceramic Heat Emitter on a thermostat.

Hopefully someone will be awake to confirm shortly.

Michalla

Charlie is very cute :)

I recommend changing the water bowl as those pet store reptile bowls are both a tipping hazard and difficult for a tortoise to use.

A terracotta plant saucer sunk into the substrate makes a much better, and safer, water bowl.

A piece of flat rock or slate makes a good food plate that helps with beak maintenance while your tort eats.

We look forward to seeing your tort's new home. Don't be afraid to ask us while you're setting it up - we can help you get it perfect straight away :)

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/charlies-new-home.147256/ Here a link to my thread with pictures of Charlie's new home. If you have any input I would love to hear it as you've already been super helpful to me. Thanks!

Shellcrazy

Today is my birthday!
Hi there,
My name is Michalla and Charlie is my redfoot tortoise, he is about 4 months old and super sweet. Its been a learning curve but I am excited for the adventures the future holds for us. This forum has been excellent with providing valuable information.
HI & welcome ! X

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Hello, and a warm if rather belated welcome to Tortoise Forum to you and Charlie, Michalla.
Again.