First turtle in 30 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajlec2000

5 Year Member
This is Ralph. He’s been with me for a month now. I believe he is a Gulf Coast.
He got a clean bill of health at the vet’s but for some parasites for which he’s getting meds. He energetically chases live food and completely ignores everything from the plant kingdom. Its been 30 years since Ive had a turtle with me. I’m quite enjoying this one.

Attachments

• 112_0619.jpg
    112_0619.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 87

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Worcester, MA
I absolutely love box turtles. Honestly, when I was a kid I thought Male Box turtles were people or angels. I collected and examined turtles as a child. Didn't really have them for long, just put them in the pond near my house.

Male box turtles with their red eyes scared the heck out of me. I've always wantred a male boxy, but as of yet, have not actually ever brought one into my home.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Your GC is very colorful. I have a little one that's only two years old. I have Eastern's and Three Toed's but this is my first GC. She has a wonderful personality and very pretty colors too. I thought they were very drab looking, and was really surprised seeing so many with good coloring.

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
Could you take a few more pictures. I love looking at Box turtle patterns on their skin and shell.

ajlec2000

5 Year Member
Stephanie, his full name is Major Ralph Comstock. Major, since he seems to be a T. C. major, Comstock relates to the situation in which I found him and Ralph....well Ralph just means Ralph.

Status
Not open for further replies.