First vacation

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Portland, OR
I'm taking a week long vacation and leaving my tortoises (adult Russians) for the first time. My step-sister and a neighbor will be coming by each morning to feed them.
I'm nervous...
All lights are on timers. Heaters are on thermostats. What could go wrong? Any advice?
I'm thinking of not having the caretakers soak the torts and just soaking them well before I go. Pops is a self soaker so he'll be fine but Diego doesn't go near his water ever. A week without a soak is ok, right?
I hope I can enjoy my vacation!!

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Yep they should be fine, adults don't need a bath as much. What I did with mine is that I put their water dish in their normal travelling route so they have to go through it. This may just be mine that do that though. Have a great holiday:D

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
Fingers crossed for you and your tort ... I'm going on a vacation over the holidays, and similarly hope that Darwin will be fine in his enclosure without me.

The temp and humidity and light are all dialed in and on timers, so there shouldn't be a problem, but it's hard not to worry.

I'm sure they'll be fine ... have a great time!

Jamie

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Everything sounds good. Like already said, adults don't need to be soaked daily or even weekly.
Enjoy your vacation.