Food for my baby Leopard

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamStage

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Hudson, Michigan
I have a 6 month old Leo and I have been told so many different things regarding what I can and can't feed him. I put together a list. Could someone please let me know what shouldn't be on this list and maybe any other suggestions. Thank You
Dandelions
Baby bok choy
bok choy
Mustard
Turnip
Collard
Swiss Chard
Baby Arugula
Escarole
Endive
Red & Green Leaf lettuce
Kale

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTortForum1377714736.305141.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTortForum1377714736.305141.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 53

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
All looks good. However, the more natural stuff you can feed the better, like mulberry leaves, hibiscus flowers and leaves, rose of Sharon flower and leaves. Check out the tortoisetable.org for other plant and weed ideas. Also grass and hay if you can get him to eat it. Also Mazuri tortoise diet is a good item too. Just be sure to make it as big a variety as possible. Also, please read Toms threads below in my post for raising a smooth leopard. The Sulcata threads will apply also.

AdamStage

5 Year Member
New Hudson, Michigan
Thank you, I will. I have been keeping one side of his enclosure at about 50% humidity and a hide on the same side I'd 80-90%. I am soaking him 3x a week.

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Hot and humid = healthy and happy.

Check out and keep up with this amazing thread for a little more insight into leopard tortoises in the wild, which of course is our goal as keepers, to make their captive life like, or better than.

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-78382.html
Although this is about hibernation which is more of a big kid thing than a baby tortoise (I wouldn't hibernate a baby, no way) the end of the thread talks about Africa, which is interesting regarding hot and humid.

Yay on your little baby! Little tip: I use scissors or one of those as seen on tv slap choppy things to cut a variety of things together so my littles get a good mix of things daily. Using those tools make it easier to blend, blend, blend a variety of foods. That is key, variety of foods. And I like to also supplement with Mazuri and/or Grassland. Just to be sure. : )

Status
Not open for further replies.