Forgot to do this step when I joined in 2018

Mons

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Francisco
Hi, I've been here a while and posted a bit by now, but forgot about this section in the forum, and thought I'd say hi a little more formally today.

My name's Monica. I brought home a Russian tortoise baby a little over 2 and a half years ago now. His name's Shelly. Sometimes we call him Shelly Winters, other times Shelly Belly, and still other times Little Dude. Kinda cheesy, maybe, but eh. Shelly and I live with my husband and cat in an apartment in SF, CA. There is an empty lot next to our place, overgrown with weeds that show up in plant apps as probably safe for Shelly to eat, but I think the landlords might spray it so we don't forage there. At some point, I'll be figuring out how to build him a bigger home and if we still live here by then, I'll try to set it up somewhere out in the yard / lot. Here are a couple of pics, one from when we first got him at 3-ish months old, and another from earlier this year.

20201107_084827-cropped.jpeg

20210310_145812.jpg

I'm really glad this forum exists, and most of all how active it is with people who really care about these awesome animals. Thanks for all the great advice so far, and I'll keep working on applying them to make Shelly the healthiest and happiest he can be. :)

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
Hi, I've been here a while and posted a bit by now, but forgot about this section in the forum, and thought I'd say hi a little more formally today.

My name's Monica. I brought home a Russian tortoise baby a little over 2 and a half years ago now. His name's Shelly. Sometimes we call him Shelly Winters, other times Shelly Belly, and still other times Little Dude. Kinda cheesy, maybe, but eh. Shelly and I live with my husband and cat in an apartment in SF, CA. There is an empty lot next to our place, overgrown with weeds that show up in plant apps as probably safe for Shelly to eat, but I think the landlords might spray it so we don't forage there. At some point, I'll be figuring out how to build him a bigger home and if we still live here by then, I'll try to set it up somewhere out in the yard / lot. Here are a couple of pics, one from when we first got him at 3-ish months old, and another from earlier this year.

View attachment 320501

View attachment 320498

I'm really glad this forum exists, and most of all how active it is with people who really care about these awesome animals. Thanks for all the great advice so far, and I'll keep working on applying them to make Shelly the healthiest and happiest he can be. :)
Look at that face!

Manchester

View attachment 320501

View attachment 320498

That second picture is adorable! Looks like she is smiling for you