Forum Signatures Feedback

What should be allowed in signatures:

• Leave it as it is! Anything goes!

Votes: 25 48.1%
  • Links are OK but photos should go!

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • I like links if they're relevant and non-spammy. No photos though!

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • I agree with Josh - No links or photos!

Votes: 13 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

B K

5 Year Member
Nothing compares to your pictures Greg cant wait to get down there and see them for real.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
FL
Before I post I have to admit I only read like the first couple posts in this thread :p

I belonged to a forum that didn't have signature restrictions, and it got out of control. Signatures were HUGE and taking up half the page, people had pictures, links, blinkies, animated clips, etc. It was busy and cluttered and not adding anything to the forum.

Another forum I belong to has some rules. You can have pictures in your siggy but they have to be small banners- a certain size. Links are fine too.

Actually, here are their rules, if anyone is interested:

To avoid excessive bandwidth and memory use and the distraction of fellow posters trying to read posts, we ask that members do not use animated images in their avatars or signatures. Those that do will be asked to remove them immediately. This is out of respect for fellow posters.

Small, static images can be used in signatures, within reason. They should be in the general size realm as a standard banner advertisement or smaller. A standard banner ad measures 468 x 60 pixels.

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I'm all for signatures - but I think the pictures and videos are annouying. We have an open forum to post pictures and videos in and guess what... it's FREE to post in.

Just my $0.02 for what it's worth.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Any official position or decision been made yet regarding this issue?

S

stells

I have had a link to SW in my sig since day one of joining here... in my original account... when this forum was a few days old... if any links are put up on SW from TFO... they stay there and are not removed... so mine works both ways...

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Gosh, I wonder if that is one of the motives behind the new proposed changes? Never thought of that issue until you mentioned it. I would think the Board would make a decision soon on this issue. I would have never known about shelled warriors unless if it were from this forum. I understand your position stells.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
It definitely works both ways and I think it's great that information is shared freely between Tortoise Forum and SW. Relevant links will always be acceptable. The moderators and I are going to decide on an acceptable image size limit to add to the community guidelines. Stay tuned...

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Great, sounds like the signature images are going to be allowed to remain, just smaller. That policy change and the option to turn of signature/avatar options should solve everyones issues. Thank you for the update and reply Josh.

Status
Not open for further replies.