Fossil hunting !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vickie

5 Year Member
Such cool pictures and LOVE the video. I have been into this stuff as long as I can remember. Absolutely love doing this stuff as well as others stated shell hunting. I am the odd one when we go to the lake or ocean always digging in the dirt while others are out swimming. LOL

guille24

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
wisconsin
Jajaja man I know what ur talking about I have at least 3000 Picts on my iPhone !! Lol

Vickie !! I'm just like u !! Lol my family always tell me I'm the weird member of the family for doing what I do hahaha but I have lots of fun doing it lol

Woow the video is really cool ! I never seen anything like it ! I wish one day I can go to Texas and see those foot prints ! :)

Vickie

5 Year Member
LOL I am so with you on those prints in Texas but could you imagine our families telling them you want to travel to TX for a vacation and you want to go see these? Mine would think I totally lost it.....wanting to travel thousands of miles to see prints in rock. LOL

guille24 said:
Jajaja man I know what ur talking about I have at least 3000 Picts on my iPhone !! Lol

Vickie !! I'm just like u !! Lol my family always tell me I'm the weird member of the family for doing what I do hahaha but I have lots of fun doing it lol

Woow the video is really cool ! I never seen anything like it ! I wish one day I can go to Texas and see those foot prints ! :)

guille24

5 Year Member
wisconsin
@vickie lol my family would think I'm crazy !! And just imagine the looks they will give us !! But I really want to see them just imagine standing on those rocks that are millions of years old !, were once huge dinosaurs walked ,, I really really want to go lol

Vickie

5 Year Member
Yah I honestly think I would have to make something up like I wanted to go to the gulf of Mexico off in Texas to see the difference between there and FL where was have been before and then sort of slip in how it would be a great educational experience for the boys to see them as well. ;) That would be I think the only way they wouldn't all thought I totally fell off my rocker. :p

guille24 said:
@vickie lol my family would think I'm crazy !! And just imagine the looks they will give us !! But I really want to see them just imagine standing on those rocks that are millions of years old !, were once huge dinosaurs walked ,, I really really want to go lol

guille24

5 Year Member
wisconsin
Lol that's a great excuse !! The boys can learn something new And everybody gets to see the golf of Mexico , I think I would have to tell my family I want to see my relatives in Texas and once there I can go see the dinosaur prints lol that will be my excuse :)

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Glen rose has a very very large collection of natural dino prints and still in ground fossils. Its on a river and you can swim and hike about. If you ever come down to Texas I suggest it for sure. Big footprints in the limestone. Its really cool.

guille24

5 Year Member
wisconsin
Woow that sounds awesome !! It really sounds like a place people definitely want to go , swimming +fossils=fun , I hope I can go one day !!

Leopard Tortoise Lover 16199

5 Year Member
I'm no expert on names of fossils, but I've been collecting them on the beach since my preschool class, ever since then, I've been fascinated with them! :) Someday I would love to go fossil hunting!!

guille24

5 Year Member
wisconsin
Wooow that's really cool do u have any pictures of the fossils u have found ?? :D

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Alrighty here are some as promised. I have a boat load more though.

Not really a fossil but its an awesome rock with iron and stuff in it.

This thing is pretty big. I tried not to break it when retrieving it. But it was 4' or so complete.

Here is that gargantuan trilabite. It broke in two but the head is covered on the other side. You can see how mammoth it is. encased in rock

some of the end, of the shell.

guille24

5 Year Member
wisconsin
Wooow ur fossils are really cool I've never found anything that big !! I like how u are using them ( making art with them ) nice job !!

Chinque

5 Year Member
Florida
Very nice!! I LOVE fossil hunting! When I was little, my grandparents lived on the brink of Death Valley and my dad and I stayed with them for a couple of weeks. I found a few of these in the desert:
ImageUploadedByTortForum1373315586.841714.jpg
I think this is some sort of plant
ImageUploadedByTortForum1373315853.991377.jpg
My best plant
ImageUploadedByTortForum1373315699.045016.jpg
Front
ImageUploadedByTortForum1373315749.687003.jpg
Back
Another plant and what looks like a horseshoe crab
ImageUploadedByTortForum1373315792.970964.jpg
Another horseshoe crab thing
ImageUploadedByTortForum1373315639.555849.jpg
Trilobite I think
ImageUploadedByTortForum1373315905.039716.jpg
Some sort of shell
ImageUploadedByTortForum1373315941.816295.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1373315967.278849.jpg
My most prized one: a shell that still has some of the outside left--and I know for sure that its real, because I found it my self! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

guille24

5 Year Member
wisconsin
Woooow u have some really cool fossils !!! U r so lucky !!! :D

ra94131

5 Year Member
Colorado
tortadise said:
Glen rose has a very very large collection of natural dino prints and still in ground fossils. Its on a river and you can swim and hike about. If you ever come down to Texas I suggest it for sure. Big footprints in the limestone. Its really cool.

I'll second that. The whole Glen Rose area is nice and Dinosaur Valley SP is pretty awesome.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Oops here is another one I forgot to upload. Giant shell that weighs around 78 pounds. Most everything I find in that creek is quite large.

guille24

5 Year Member
wisconsin
@tortadise !! That's a huge fossil ! Is it some kind of clam ?

Status
Not open for further replies.