Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
lynnedit said:
Oh, Heather, I didn't know your newer 3 females were from the same group as your male! Its great that they have lived together in the past.

YUP :) They all have the same backround I believe. Once Petstore purchases surrendered to the CTTC or this particular foster home. Then her Russian total got into the double digits so she passed some off to me :)

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Tend to be extremely prejudiced in favor of Hermann's torts, but, really, they all have their own charms and all are funny in their own ways.

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
Red foots and Russian so far for me

My Russian males in particular crane their necks upwards so far-- almost exaggerated to look up at you-it always makes me smile.
I think too they are my most observant species and you can't sneak up on them, their little beady eyes always meet your own-so cute!!

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
I only have one species, one tortoise in fact, and he's a Leopard. He's very calm and relaxed but he never fails to make me laugh when it comes to food. Especially cactus, which he tends to throw on himself which startles him back into his shell. He'll then creep out and start eating again.

He knows his name (I know this is debatable) and comes over whenever he hears me if he can be bothered. Which always makes me smile. And another thing he'll do which makes me laugh is bully my rabbits! By following them around until they hop out of his reach.

I can assume other species are more comical than leos because of the calm temperament leos have in comparison to others. But my little fellow makes me laugh all the same.

tortoise5643

5 Year Member
I would say sulcatas. I only have one sulcata but if I am outside even just playing football away from the cage he comes out. If im doing renovations on the cage hews right at my feet, trying to bite them if I'm barefoot, it's very amusing. He is TOO curious.

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
I have two entries for funniest species. First would be box turtles and especially the big gulf coast box turtles. The ones we had became super inquisitive and would run around your bare feet in an attempt to eat the big pink 'grubs'.

I would also say that male Hermann's tortoises are in general really funny. They are like spastic wind-up toys when it comes to breeding time and since many are so little, it makes them seem all the more ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.