fussy tort

Status
Not open for further replies.

siwash

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Toronto
Well, he won't eat if his food has been dusted with calcium... i experimented tonight and he refused it but ate the same thing (hibiscus) if it was not spinkeld..

i had no idea that these things are fussy... what am i going to do now? watch him deteriorate due to lack of calcium?

I am using something called "Reptile Lite"

RTfanatic

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
College Station, TX
May be dusting it too thick, but if they are getting plenty of hibiscus they are getting calcium.

siwash

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Toronto
But he's indoors so he needs the D3 Calcium to process the light..

he ended up eating afterward... but i had to put the food on a flat rock in the vivarium. He wouldn't eat the chopped up mixed greens (raddichio, hibiscus, oak leaf lettuce) that was coated and placed on a plastic lid.

Maybe i did coat it too much... how much is enough?

oswego tort lover

10 Year Member!
oswego co. ny. u.s.a.
good thing about hermanni is they will eat your calcium with out it being on food. use a flat container or one they can walk into and just place it where they can get to it. even large hermanni will eat it from a pile. with neonates you may have to pick it up and place it infront of this pile several times on differant days before they remember where it is.............ed

siwash

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Toronto
wow, they eat the calcium powder? strange...

i hear cuttle bone works too... but someone suggested that he's too small right now

Status
Not open for further replies.