GARY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachel

5 Year Member
PICTURES OF MY BABY!!! HE IS A 5 MONTH OLD DESERT TORTOISE GARY. I HOPE YOU ALL THINK HE IS JUST AS CUTE AS I DO.

RACHEL

Attachments

• DSC05010.JPG
    DSC05010.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC05053.JPG
    DSC05053.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC05134.JPG
    DSC05134.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC05136.JPG
    DSC05136.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 56

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Rachel said:
PICTURES OF MY BABY!!! HE IS A 5 MONTH OLD DESERT TORTOISE GARY. I HOPE YOU ALL THINK HE IS JUST AS CUTE AS I DO.

RACHEL

Very cute!!:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
You just can't beat a desert tortoise for friendlyness. They are one of my very favorite tortoise.

Yvonne

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Rachel, Gary is a cutie. I love how he likes to help on the computer ;) Just don't mistake him for the mouse :D

M

Maggie Cummings

Hey Kate...Here's a picture of a group I head-started for my sister. You can tell it's old because they are still on rabbit pellets and I don't us them anymore. Then that's Cali's butt and Mildred. The most regal Mildred. She and the family dog had lived together for 10 years then one day the keeper came home to find that the dog had chewed Mildred's leg off. He licked the wound so much that it wasn't even bleeding. Mildred was 20 when this happened. She had lived with the same family all her life, but the woman didn't want to pay a Vet bill so she gave Mildred to the Vet and after a period of recuperation he gave Mildred to my sister then to me. I glued a furniture slide onto her plastron to help her get around without too much of a wobble. It was still on her when she died. The leg was never found. Enough story telling for the night...adios!

15ea3q8.jpg

6en3bb.jpg

2u9pb34.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm so glad you still have a picture of Mildred. That's a great shot showing her furniture slide. I'll never know because I couldn't afford a necropsy, but I THINK she developed an infection deep inside the wound and died from it. She was a great tortoise. Even after what she went through she was just the neatest, most people-friendly tortoise I've ever dealt with. I miss her.

Yvonne

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Thanks so much for sharing Maggie! That's awesome what you and Yvonne have done for so many lucky torts.

M

Maggie Cummings

Hey Kate...I appreciate the kind words but it's Yvonne who has run the rescue for so many years. It's her that has done all the hard work. I was able to help her when I lived in Fresno, but I have been in Oregon for 3 years since my injury and I am not able to help her like I was. I miss scooping poop with her, we really had fun when I'd go with her to do yard inspections. I used to take the more sick animals to free her up for other things and I have more patience and obsession when it comes to the care of the very sick. So it's her who deserves the accolades...not me

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm always a little bit embarrassed when people thank me for what I do. I actually don't DO much! I have my own group of turtles and tortoises, and take in rescues when there's a need, but in my book, Maggie really did the hard work. She took care of all the sick and injured...a much bigger job than taking in a healthy rescue and finding it a new home. I was blessed when she decided to go with me that very first day to pick up Scruffy, a baby RES that had been dog-chewed. She was "bitten" by the chelonia bug and after successfully treating Scruffy, continued to take in more. We got a LOT of dog-chewed RES in those days. She still has Scruffy...couldn't bear to part with her after nursing her back to health.

Yvonne

Status
Not open for further replies.