Luke52

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
That’s kinda weird cause I just remembered the boy doing this once too he dug down to her maybe it was an accident because she was completely buried

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
They definitely need to be separated, or you need to form a group ASAP. What are the dimensions of the enclosure? Gallons don’t tell us much.

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Is that bad?
No. Just most aberrant schute tortoises are female. Aberrant schutes happen when egg incubated at a higher temp... incubating eggs at a higher temp gives a greater quantity of females on average too. Just an FYI. Who knows maybe yours is a male-ish looking female? Lol

Luke52

Arizona
No. Just most aberrant schute tortoises are female. Aberrant schutes happen when egg incubated at a higher temp... incubating eggs at a higher temp gives a greater quantity of females on average too. Just an FYI. Who knows maybe yours is a male-ish looking female? Lol
Lol

Luke52

Arizona
Omg I forgot how to make a threado_Ocan someone help me out here haha I’m new

WithLisa

5 Year Member
Austria
In Austria/Germany it's not so unusual to keep pairs of testudo species. People are warned against getting a male/female pair deliberately (same sex pairs are more common), but they often buy two hatchlings and I guess they just never separate them if it seems to work out. But our enclosure standards are different (the recommended minimum size for two adults is 30m²). So, since your enclosure is rather small I would advise against getting more females, just divide it if necessary.
But I would make the enclosure more natural-looking with lots of sight barriers. As it is now they have a hard time staying out of each others way.