Geo system aquascape wood

Location (City and/or State)
Washington
Any thoughts on using the aquascape wood for housing? Hector seems to really dig his new house I made him tonight or of 2 large pieces of the wood. My only concern is the heat for extended time. It's better climbing than the half log than he had before and it gets him about half an inch closer to the basking uv a/b light. On the website (I didn't but it on line) it states aquarium and terrarium use, so I would think it would be safe for the heat I would imagine I just near to must the logs.
-Lisa

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Lisa, and welcome to the Forum!!

I really have no idea, but seems to me that if it's safe to use in water then it should be safe to use dry. Just clean it well, and maybe leave it sitting in the sun (oh yeah...what sun?) for a day.

Washington
Hi Lisa, and welcome to the Forum!!

I really have no idea, but seems to me that if it's safe to use in water then it should be safe to use dry. Just clean it well, and maybe leave it sitting in the sun (oh yeah...what sun?) for a day.

So far no problems. Hector totally digs the upgrade in his house. We are going to be moving this next weekend. On the plus side the place where we will be stating at has a fenced in back yard so once it is warm enough to go hang out outside Hector will have plenty of room to turtle around :)