Getting there 7x4

Hey guys, this is a update for my SULCATA pen, so far I have done the hole stand and walls, the only part left is the roof and other half of the tank dirt, BTW, is PVC plastic safe? That is what I have for a liner, I was gonna use pond liner but it was way out of my wallets league XD. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1488696372.072769.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1488696383.091870.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1488696395.766832.jpg

Any ideas for a lid?

Ramsey

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego California
Hello, the construction looks good. You may want to build a cross-beam and hang your lights from there. From what I've gathered, the clamp lights may fail and fall. You can use the same fixtures, just hang them.

About the lid, I'm a fan of actually being able to see my pets, so I'd get some sort of transparent material like glass or acrylic sheets. If it's cost prohibitive, then you can try some clear pvc-free shower liner to cover.

Lastly, your tortoise looks to be a good size. Does he get outside or somewhere he can have a bit more exercise space? I can see him outgrowing that quickly (unless it's just a night box for cold months or so).

Either way, looks good :)