glass enclosure

Crystallynda

Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas
Thanks for your permission. I have many turtles and tortoises, I use tort tables and some glass tanks.
I use 250 gallon tanks for small tortoises and turtlesView attachment 316146View attachment 316146View attachment 316147View attachment 316148
I looked for a broken pot at Home Depot! Didn’t find Anything so ima keep my eye out for one! ??

Mine is still little! He fits in my hand!

I only considered the glass enclosure because I am going to be given a free one!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Depending upon its size, a glass enclosure would be fine for a baby tortoise. If you find he's bothered by being able to see through the glass and not being able to walk through it, you can just tape up a strip of paper on the outside of the glass a little taller than the tortoise.

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
Depending upon its size, a glass enclosure would be fine for a baby tortoise. If you find he's bothered by being able to see through the glass and not being able to walk through it, you can just tape up a strip of paper on the outside of the glass a little taller than the tortoise.
That’s what I actually considered doing actually...I’m probably gonna also have to get a two bulb holder as well so I can maybe add a warmer bulb during winter...Summer I’m probably going to be taking him out for 20-30 minutes for some sun and UBV! I’ll be out there with him too!!

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
That’s what I actually considered doing actually...I’m probably gonna also have to get a two bulb holder as well so I can maybe add a warmer bulb during winter...Summer I’m probably going to be taking him out for 20-30 minutes for some sun and UBV! I’ll be out there with him too!!
I also considered doing what someone else on here suggested..and get some wood and plastic liner to help with holding up lights and humidity!!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I looked for a broken pot at Home Depot! Didn’t find Anything so ima keep my eye out for one! ??

Mine is still little! He fits in my hand!

I only considered the glass enclosure because I am going to be given a free one!
So buy a new pot and break it. I don't ever pay for stuff like that. Glass tanks are ok.

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
So...are glass enclosures recommended for outside?
Also coco seems to really like this hide...
“Nevertheless I’m looking for a cardboard box that fits well or even just adding second hide in color side “ ??