Glucosamine and Green Lipped Mussel extract?

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Canebrake Ca
It is with great sadness I post this ... Our beloved Sulcata Teddy has real issues with his rear left leg. I will post a video later today to show what it is we see and what is happening. It looks like his leg (knee specifically) is slipping out of it's joint, and we can only imagine painful. My question is ... Can we supplement him with Glucosamine and Green Lipped Mussel extract for joint support and some inflammation relief? Which in turn may help relieve some pain. I will get a video today when I feed, just kinda wanted to get this question out there first.

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
PLEASE say whatever is on your mind, whatever ya think. We LOVE this guy and want to limit ANY suffering or discomfort.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I seem to remember Dudley walking like that too. I'm not sure, but it may be normal for sulcatas????? @Markw84 @Tom @NorCal tortoise guy
Its not something I've ever noticed. Compared to domestics, wild animals seldom have problems like this. He seems to get around just fine. I think my course of action would be to watch it and see if it improves or worsens over time.

I have no knowledge of those supplements. I can't imagine they would harm a tortoise, but I wouldn't know how to dose them either.