Golf Carts On Roadways

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
The town I'm in allows golf carts to be driven on all town roads and parts of some county and state roads. Are there any TFO members that live were this can be done legally? We need to have them inspected annually, lights,horn, blinkers, and brake lights. With this being Memorial Day Weekend and all the tourist coming to the beach the carts are the best way to get around until Labor Day. Our cart is a 2000 Yamaha gas powered G16. The grand kids love it.Picture 036.jpg Picture 035.jpg Picture 033.jpg

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
I've been to places where they had golf carts everywhere parking for carts and lanes for them, not a bad idea.

Kyle

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Do you need insurance? or a license?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
My parents live in Michigan. The little subdivision they live in, almost everyone has golf carts to get around the neighborhood in and down to their boats. They always have a Labor Day parade with them too and decorate them. They don't have to have plates or insurance, but outside their subdivision you can also ride the golf carts, but that area has to be licensed and I think insured. They are a fun way to get around and yes, the little kids love them and learn very fast how to drive them on their own.