GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
These are some old pictures of three males that we had several years ago. Contagatory, Harley, and Travis were there names. The fellow that has Harley and Travis lives real close and kept there names. They are doing great! We visit from time to time. He has a total of six aldabras.

2e5tmol.jpg

vg7cy9.jpg

4vjy0x.jpg

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
I can't imagine the amount of food you must go through! I would love to see more pictures of them eating- that last picture is great! :D
Very handsome boys. That's great that you can still visit Harley and Travis.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
this might be a little morbid, but what do you plan on doing with any dead bodies? I mean little ones can be buried and such.

dustee35

10 Year Member!
Wow your torts are absolutely awsome!! Do you have any way to weigh them and how much do they actually eat a day? I have looked at some of your other pictures and they just amaze me. Deanna:D

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
dmmj said:
this might be a little morbid, but what do you plan on doing with any dead bodies? I mean little ones can be buried and such.

No, not at all. We, Have discusses that already. We will burry them in a lagre hole in the field where they called home. Simple! We have never lost any aldbra yet, thank goodness!

dustee35 said:
Wow your torts are absolutely awsome!! Do you have any way to weigh them and how much do they actually eat a day? I have looked at some of your other pictures and they just amaze me. Deanna:D

No, we have purchase weight on two of our large males and guess on the rest.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
cueboy007 said:
Grocery bills must be really HIGH.

Not at all, they browse all day on natural grass and weeds. We do provide Mazuri during egg laying season and misc. snacks during what ever season it is. Cactus often.

This is a recent picture or our current aldabra enclosure. It won't look like this for long, we are in the process of major changes and improvements. :)
2n1z1xi.jpg

AdamR

5 Year Member
Amazing! I count 10 in that pic, is that close to the actual number! What a beautiful view! I would imagine that most of them will outlive you so burrying won't be a problem!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
HarleyK said:
I love that name....Harley :D

:tort: I guess you would! I named him that because he cost me as much as a Harley, I chose the tortoise! :)

Cherbear said:
How long do these guys live?

:tort: They can live upwards past the 150 year mark!

AdamR said:
Amazing! I count 10 in that pic, is that close to the actual number! What a beautiful view! I would imagine that most of them will outlive you so burrying won't be a problem!

:tort: On the money, 3.7 = 10, of course you can't see the small ones in the pen, lol....

Angi said:
Your yard is great and your torts are amazing!

:tort: Thank you Angi, twice!

Status
Not open for further replies.