Good Bye Mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Hope this touches you the way it touched me!

A young man shopping in a supermarket noticed a little old lady following him around. If he stopped, she stopped. Furthermore she kept staring at him.
She was ahead of him at the checkout, and she turned to him and said,
"I hope I haven't made you feel ill at ease; it's just that you look so much like my late son."
He answered, "That's okay."
"I know it's silly, but if you'd call out "Good bye, Mom" as I leave the store, it would make me feel so happy."
She then went through the checkout and, as she was on her way out of the store, the man called out, "Good-bye, Mom."
The little old lady waved, and smiled back at him.
Pleased that he had brought a little sunshine into someone's day, he went to pay for his groceries.
"That comes to $121.85," said the clerk.
"That can't be right... I only bought 5 items."
The clerk replied, "Yeah, but your Mother said you'd be paying for her things, too."
Bet you thought this was going to be a tear jerker. Don't trust little old ladies!!!!

moraima_jay

5 Year Member
Noel, MO
dmmj said:
Hope this touches you the way it touched me!

A young man shopping in a supermarket noticed a little old lady following him around. If he stopped, she stopped. Furthermore she kept staring at him.
She was ahead of him at the checkout, and she turned to him and said,
"I hope I haven't made you feel ill at ease; it's just that you look so much like my late son."
He answered, "That's okay."
"I know it's silly, but if you'd call out "Good bye, Mom" as I leave the store, it would make me feel so happy."
She then went through the checkout and, as she was on her way out of the store, the man called out, "Good-bye, Mom."
The little old lady waved, and smiled back at him.
Pleased that he had brought a little sunshine into someone's day, he went to pay for his groceries.
"That comes to $121.85," said the clerk.
"That can't be right... I only bought 5 items."
The clerk replied, "Yeah, but your Mother said you'd be paying for her things, too."
Bet you thought this was going to be a tear jerker. Don't trust little old ladies!!!!

LMAO!!!!:p

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I had heard this one before. *sighs* now it just makes me miss my Mom more...okay, heading into a blue mood, time to go walk the dogs or pull weeds.... :(

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
LSHIPMP = Laughed so hard I peed my pants
ok, not really, but it was funny..

sorry jacqui.. Ive lost my parents.. and some days it SUCKS!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Thanks, this supports my stranger danger speech to my kids…. "Old doesn't mean wise or kind, it just means old".

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
GET HERRR!!! She must not realize she better be a FAST old lady so she can get to her car before I get to her...

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Omg my friend called me a year or two ago and told me this story, and said that it happened to him, hahahaha!! I had goosebumps and was tearing up while he was telling me, and then when I heard she made him pay for her groceries I was like "OMG she did NOT!" :p :p
Then he finally told me he was kidding. Jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.