good seed source

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
you are not the seller, and just mentioning about a good place to get seeds for tortoises, i think i should be able to post that i too, also sell seeds. my seeds do NOT have any honeysuckle, and are specifically formulated for tortoises.

You can find a link here..

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
That was about the most blatant form of self-promotion I've ever seen. Was it not embarrassing?

biglove4bigtorts

5 Year Member
Northeastern USA
franeich said:
They only ship to the uk.

I must have missed something. I will have to review the site and check that out. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

I don't see anything that specifically states they do not ship to the US, but I have yet to get a reply from the seller. I will update, when I know more.

biglove4bigtorts

5 Year Member
Northeastern USA
All is A ok....they do ship internationally. I ordered some things and will let everyone know how they do. I have nothing against the other selections, I just like the variety available in one place and since I am going to be keeping Manouria, I need more broadleaved and weed-type plants and less grasses, which would be ignored.
I have looked them over and do plan to purchase from Carolina Pet supply and a couple of others in the future.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
moswen said:
i've found these guys and i'm about to order from them for the first time for my spring planting. they have everything. weeds, wildflowers, trees, shrubs...

http://www.turtlestuff.com/category/?shop=1The-Weed-Patch-63

I ordered some seeds from turtlestuff.com about 3 weeks ago for my sister up in Oregon. She hasn't received them yet. Last week I ordered the same seeds from Carolinapetsupply.com and had them sent to my sister and she got them a couple days ago. Turtlestuff.com seems to be seriously under-staffed. By the time you receive your seeds from them, the planting season will have come and gone.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
augustsalbert said:
I have tortoise at my home. I have some good source for you where you can find good and healthy seeds or foods for tortoises. Tropical Hibiscus, These large shrubs are great plants for tortoise pens. They provide ample shade, and the flowers and leaves are a nutritious food source. You can buy one gallon plants. There are many seeds are available for tortoise like Aloe species,Opuntia species,Yucca species,Pineapple Guava, and many more which are very healthy for tortoises. I hope these will help you to get good seeds for your tortoise.

Hi Augustsalbert:

904634hf2qtmz89b.gif

to the forum!!

Please go to the "introduction" part of the forum and tell us a bit about yourself.

biglove4bigtorts

5 Year Member
Northeastern USA
I got my mix and the seeds are very healthy, indiviually labled and came in a reasonable amount of time from the Uk. Well worth the investment IMO.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
on 3/19 I posted that 3 weeks before I had ordered seeds from Turtlestuff.com for Maggie. Well, folks, she still has not received her seeds.

(4/9/10 Moderator comment: After researching my credit card statements and past PayPal transactions, there have been no charges to either account made by turtlestuff.com. The assumption I'm making is that my order was never processed or accepted by the system, and after receiving email from turtlestuff.com, I realize that the order fell through the crack. Its logical to reason that Maggie isn't going to receive an order that turtlestuff never received, so this statement made by me in post #13 should be disregarded)

Nobody

5 Year Member
Philippines
emysemys said:
on 3/19 I posted that 3 weeks before I had ordered seeds from Turtlestuff.com for Maggie. Well, folks, she still has not received her seeds.

Same here.I ordered some stuff from them a couple of months ago and even up to now,I haven't received them yet.I've emailed them regarding this but no response.

biglove4bigtorts

5 Year Member
Northeastern USA
http://stores.ebay.com/WELCOME-TO-TORTS-N-ALLSORTS
Just wanted to point out that the company I ordered from is different than Turtlestuff.com. It did take 2 weeks to get the seeds, but they seller is located in the UK. I consider the shipping time and cost very reasonable for all that I ordered. For around $20 US, I got over 30 packs of labled seeds. They were delivered yesterday day and I ordered them the Tuesday before last. I found the seller to have a greater variety than some other folks selling seeds, but for variety I will order from carolinapetsupply.com also.

Status
Not open for further replies.