Goodbye Cruel World...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Utah
... is probably what all of the little phorid flies are saying to each other at our house tonight. I got rid of all the old substrate in the tort table, bleached the entire thing, washed every bit of tortoise furniture and was left with one empty and clean table.

i5ozyc.jpg

260udc7.jpg

My plan is to use newspaper for a week and set up sticky traps. That way I can get rid of all the flies. I'm excited. We ordered some cypress mulch from Tyler and we'll be switching to that at the end of the next week. Anyhow, I thought people might be interested to see what my tort table looks like without anything in it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
If that's a real plant your flies are already nesting in it.

You have a great tortoise table. I like the way you built it.

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
Thank you both. That's a fake plant. It's covering a humidifier.

heyprettyrave

5 Year Member
New York
do you have a lid for your enclosure, i dont and it seems like the humidity is just like non existent. does the humidifier work well?

khanvict

5 Year Member
that's a nice looking table, is it custom built? what's the length x width?

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
Yes, I built it all on my own and mostly from scraps. The dimensions are 5'8" by 2'9", but I just made it the size of the wood that I had handy at the time. The legs are made from two by fours that used to be stairs in our barn.

The humidifier gets the job done. At some point I'd like to build a humid hide around it. I think the substrate contributed the most to the humidity as it is. Up to now I kept the Russians in it, so humidity wasn't a huge concern of mine. Now I'll be putting my redfoot (Kiwi) in there so I'll watch it more closely.

Status
Not open for further replies.