grace, cloe n me intro

gracencloe

good day every one!
i am very glad to finally get to post - my name is tony. grace and cleo have been my companions for a bit. we live in south east wisconsin. grace n i have been together for 8 years. cloe joined us four years ago. both grace n clue came to be with me because people didn't know what they were getting into when it came to caring for them and as a rescue.

grace - full name amazing grace - is a male weighing in at bout 26 libs, w carapace measuring 18"x15"x8". am not certain on his age. he was taken in by my daughter after his human got deployed. so i don't have any history prior to that. grace is in good health, i have a vet that specializes in sulcatas, but he does have a sight towering of carapace. he has a great personality.

clue - full name clue pallina ( named after the tiny bocce ball) - is a very young female weighing in about 10lbs, with carapace measuring 12"x8"x5". she's five years old. she came to me by way of a friend whose son bought her from pet shop and discovered that caring was a lot more involved than he thought. she is in also in good health.

they live at my shop. each have their own enclosure, which is built from lumber and coated in a synthetic coating called envirotex. we usually get out to local park where they roam, graze and socialize with kids and dogs.

all that i have learned bout caring for grace n cloe i learned from inter web, books, vet and a guy at our local shop that i affectionately call the "tortoise whisperer".

here is the reason for me reaching out - i need to find new homes for grace and cloe. it has been a very emotional and tough decision!!! but necessary for them and for me.

i have been caring for my father for the las ten years. as his needs escalate and his condition declines my career has taken a back seat. my plan was to continue to enlarge and upgrade enclosures for grace and cloe, but this too has been affected by my increasing responsibilities in caring for my dad.

so if you have ideas, suggestions, a good home for them please let me know.

thanks

i will be posting pictures.

Speedy-1

Location (City and/or State)
St. David Arizona
I am sorry to hear of this Tony , if you exhaust all your other ideas I seem to remember that they had a nice Zoo in Milwaukee . They might take them ?

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
Welcome Tony. Under the for sale section of this forum, there is an adoption sub-section. If you post all the info you have about your two torts there hopefully someone here can give them a good home.

gracencloe

I am sorry to hear of this Tony , if you exhaust all your other ideas I seem to remember that they had a nice Zoo in Milwaukee . They might take them ?
thank you for your post and suggestion. it seems that there was a pet shop that had lots of baby sulcatas when it went out of biz. so the zoo in racine, milwaukee. chicago all were homes for many of these babes.
but, i have faith that they will find a good home.

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
thank you for your post and suggestion. it seems that there was a pet shop that had lots of baby sulcatas when it went out of biz. so the zoo in racine, milwaukee. chicago all were homes for many of these babes.
but, i have faith that they will find a good home.
You're welcome. There are lots of members here that like to rescue/adopt. Unfortunately I am not in a position to do that right now but I wish you luck in your search!

gracencloe

Welcome Tony. Under the for sale section of this forum, there is an adoption sub-section. If you post all the info you have about your two torts there hopefully someone here can give them a good home.
oh, i will have to check this out! this has been a very traumatic time, so not been thinking straight!
thanks

gracencloe

You're welcome. There are lots of members here that like to rescue/adopt. Unfortunately I am not in a position to do that right now but I wish you luck in your search!
i believe when the correct situation appears then it will be the right time.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
So sorry you have to part with your two sulcatas.
Hoping you find them somewhere good to live with someone who'll love them.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Tony. So sorry to welcome you in these sad times...first of all your dad and now having to rehome the tortoises. We have a section here on the forum under the For Sale part called "Adoptions" If you post the tortoises there, I'm sure you will find people willing to take them in. However, if you want to be reimbursed, you can't post them for sale until you've made 30 posts or have been a member for 30 days. But free, you can put them up in adoptions.

gracencloe

Welcome and best of luck.
thanks