Grape Plants

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Ok for those of you who wouyld like grape plants leaves for you tort to eat. My local lowes just marked down all their grape plants to 5 bucks a piece. These are not the bare root ones but the ones growing already in pots, and the plant guy said that all the stores are marking them down to get rid of them, end of season type thing. I bought two more myself, they usually do need a lot of space but they are a good source of food, my one grape plant provides a ton of leaves thru out the year, and then bonus I have a lot of grapes to eat also. so I thought I would just pass this tip for those of you who would like to buy cheap grape plants.

andred82vert

5 Year Member
At least lowes marks them down. At Home Deopt, they just throw it away. Sometimes, we throw away perfectly good plants just because the vendors need the room for their new shipment. Its such a waste.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
Just a side note that these likely have chemicals on them (systemic from the soil), and you want to let them sit for 6 months before feeding them to your tort unless they are marked organic. Thanks for the tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.