can someone help me please with id of greek
DSCN0948.jpg

DSCN0947.jpg

DSCN0952.jpg

mainey34

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Peoria, Arizona
I am surprised no one has helped yet. I will get you back to the top of the list...

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
You have a "Golden Greek", almost impossible to tell exactly where she comes from because she could be from over a dozen different locales. I have one that looks almost identical to her.

sueb4653

5 Year Member
Pueblo West
Eweezyfosheezy said:
You have a "Golden Greek", almost impossible to tell exactly where she comes from because she could be from over a dozen different locales. I have one that looks almost identical to her.
Thank you
do you have a care sheet for yours?

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
sueb4653 said:
Eweezyfosheezy said:
Thank you
do you have a care sheet for yours?
"Golden" Greeks is not a species unto themselves. It's a common name given to an individual animal that could be from any one of several Middle Eastern origin populations and subspecies. Yours is most likely from Lebanon, Jordon or Syria. General care information for any of the Middle Eastern region Greek tortoise species would apply to yours. This is also the same basic care information that would apply to the more northern Ibera Greeks. The major difference in care between Ibera and Middle Eastern Greeks is that most subspecies of Middle Easterns do not brumate (hibernate) and are not as moisture tolerant as their northern cousins. Middle Easterns should not be exposed to cold, damp conditions. Cooler (into the high 50's is fine as long as it is dry. They are not as cold hardy as Ibera or other Northern Mediterranean Testudo.

sueb4653

5 Year Member
Pueblo West
Eweezyfosheezy said:

You say "she" I waste told he how do you tell the difference?:

Status
Not open for further replies.