Greeted by Pip

Status
Not open for further replies.

tagreltracy

5 Year Member
Well I have had Pip for just over a couple weeks now, and basically she has done the same thing everyday.

Every morning I dig her out of her hide and soak her. She usually goes to the bathroom while soaking. Then I feed her and she eats for about 20-30 minutes and then sits in her basking spot for about an hour and then crawls away to her hide until I dig her out the next morning.

So she usually hides about 22 hours a day! Whenever I pick her up and hold her before her soak, all four legs and her head go in her shell. While soaking she usually just sits there looking all relaxed, but not really moving.

This morning when I went in her room she was out and crawling around! This is the first time she has been awake and greeted me. I have always had to dig her out.

When I picked her up and held her before her soak, she didnt crawl in her shell, she just stretched her neck up and looked at me, then when I soaked her she crawled all around, and when I took her out of her bathing tub she made a bee line to the food and chomped down. She is now basking on her slated stone under her light.

I went in about 10 minutes ago and said hello to her and she craned her neck up to see me, she didnt go back in her shell.

Maybe she is starting to feel "at home" here now. I hope so, but it sure was a nice suprise to be greeted by her this morning and to have her not hide in her shell while I was holding her!

Just had to share!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
It's always a nice surprise when they start to settle in and look to you as the food god!

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
Awww that is so sweet! It's a great
feeling isn't it? She must feel safe and
happy!!! That's great news! Enjoy your sweet
Pip! :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.