Greets from the PNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balboa

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PNW
Already posted but never intro'd here so better do it I guess.

The Wife and I are long time pet lovers. Many animals have come and gone over the years. We've fostered a few, sought a few, and had some forced upon us :)

My main pet thing is fishkeeping, has been for many years, though the number of tanks waxes and wanes.

Currently, no rodents or lizards reside under our roof, unless you count the 4 kids :)

2 Dogs, 4 Cats.

I already introduced Rocky, Here and how he came under our care. After all the Tortoise researchin I've done now thanks to Rocky, I think a Greek may have been a better fit for us, but we didn't do the chosin' and we love Rocky so we'll do what we can for now. In the long run, may have to find a new home for him if I can't provide it, but I dread that day, and it would only be to someone I absolutely trusted to be able to do better than me. He's suffered enough.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Welcome, sometimes you choose the tortoise and sometimes it chooses you.

M

Maggie Cummings

Welcome to the show...I am in Corvallis Oregon I keep desert type tortoises and Bob an 80 pound Sulcata...

vyeates409

5 Year Member
Balboa said:
Already posted but never intro'd here so better do it I guess.

The Wife and I are long time pet lovers. Many animals have come and gone over the years. We've fostered a few, sought a few, and had some forced upon us :)

My main pet thing is fishkeeping, has been for many years, though the number of tanks waxes and wanes.

Currently, no rodents or lizards reside under our roof, unless you count the 4 kids :)

2 Dogs, 4 Cats.

I already introduced Rocky, Here and how he came under our care. After all the Tortoise researchin I've done now thanks to Rocky, I think a Greek may have been a better fit for us, but we didn't do the chosin' and we love Rocky so we'll do what we can for now. In the long run, may have to find a new home for him if I can't provide it, but I dread that day, and it would only be to someone I absolutely trusted to be able to do better than me. He's suffered enough.

Welcome

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Welcome to the group! He really doesn't look bad at all--really cute! With enough effort and money I don't think you'll have any problems keeping him. Redfoots can do well indoors vs. many other species, and don't get quite as huge. Good luck!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi! Hey don't be so hard on yourself. You have already done a great job of changing things more to suit the needs of Rocky. Rocky is very lucky to have you.

Status
Not open for further replies.