Growth Critique

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyZ

5 Year Member
Hi All,

I just wanted to post a few pics of my hatchlings development. To me all looks great, but only being 6 months into raising torts, i figure its best to occassionally post a few pics of the shell to make sure im not missing anything. Let me know what ya all think please.

His weigh in today was 135 grams, i didnt take a measurement though. He is born approximatly in January, and I got him in March.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1380160899566.jpg
    1380160899566.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 1380160909941.jpg
    1380160909941.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 1380160925327.jpg
    1380160925327.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 1380160935160.jpg
    1380160935160.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 58
  • 1380160948178.jpg
    1380160948178.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 57

mikeh

5 Year Member
Looks great. Is this the same one you posted picture of on the reversed pyramiding thread maybe a month ago?

sent from mobile device using TFO app

TommyZ

5 Year Member
Yessir, thats the "baby", his new herd mates will be here in a few weeks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TortForum mobile app

TommyZ

5 Year Member
Ive recently (as i learn more every day) made some changes to his diet. Ive added more protein, hopefully this will aid in growth.

mikeh

5 Year Member
Nice! Lots of new growth since, he got big. What do you use for protein?

sent from mobile device using TFO app

pfara

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
Beautiful growth :D Are you sure you want a boost in growth? I was just comparing my numbers to yours since our reds seem to be around the same age. Sufficed to say, I was going to look online for a tort-sized treadmill and order 4 lol.. I was just obsessing over my guys' thick legs and got super paranoid :p

TommyZ

5 Year Member
Re: RE: Growth Critique

pfara said:
Beautiful growth :D Are you sure you want a boost in growth? I was just comparing my numbers to yours since our reds seem to be around the same age. Sufficed to say, I was going to look online for a tort-sized treadmill and order 4 lol.. I was just obsessing over my guys' thick legs and got super paranoid :p

Lol, I was just tryin to look at your lil guy but cant enlarge ur profile pic, looks cool romping in the grass.

I figure with the high humidity and protein rich diet, that will make him grow fast and still be super smooth. So far the results are proving well..thanks to all the info i got from everyone here :)

pfara

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
TommyZ said:
Lol, I was just tryin to look at your lil guy but cant enlarge ur profile pic, looks cool romping in the grass.

I figure with the high humidity and protein rich diet, that will make him grow fast and still be super smooth. So far the results are proving well..thanks to all the info i got from everyone here :)

Yeah, I'm incredibly glad I got a chance to join the forum; such a wealth of info that made me feel confident about my husbandry. I honestly wouldn't worry about speeding up growth. I think I read that it might not be beneficial, in certain cases. Still, I don't think adding more protein is going to hurt things either if that's what you wanna do. I'm sure if given a say, your little guy would be banging his fork on his rock table yelling "Mazuri! Mazuri!"

Here's a pic of 3 out of 4 of my kids (most recent pic): 20130919_110931.jpg

And one of a fat leg :p : 20130921_125103.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TommyZ

5 Year Member
Re: RE: Growth Critique

pfara said:
TommyZ said:

Yeah, I'm incredibly glad I got a chance to join the forum; such a wealth of info that made me feel confident about my husbandry. I honestly wouldn't worry about speeding up growth. I think I read that it might not be beneficial, in certain cases. Still, I don't think adding more protein is going to hurt things either if that's what you wanna do. I'm sure if given a say, your little guy would be banging his fork on his rock table yelling "Mazuri! Mazuri!"

Here's a pic of 3 out of 4 of my kids (most recent pic):

And one of a fat leg :p :

There they are, really nice looking group.

Its pretty funny you mention him yelling for mazuri, i swear he pouts if he doesnt get it, lol....is there nicotene in mazuri? Cuz torts seem to get addicted, hehe.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.