Not open for further replies.

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
For Love of Everything Shell said:
Baoh said:
Perhaps...on the surface.

Sorry I couldn't resist... LOL, was kinda one of those TWSS moments :) "That's What She Said"

I saw it that way, too.

It works that way on the level of simple relationships.

Unfortunately, I so often see things work differently in more complex settings.

I thought of how disastrous I have seen all-female corporate teams turn out in many instances while the all-male equivalents were perfectly functional. Our observations have been that the men could dislike each other, but were too heavily focused on achieving the project goals to let their petty disputes heavily interfere with the end product. For the women, they often became so consumed by the traditional masculine hegemony that each one was too focused on jockeying for the lead position on a team to be ideally collaborative, with all trying to prove theirs was the path forward (even if they largely were in agreement regarding the principles of procession, interestingly enough). It is bizarre as heck for me, in this day and age, to hear strong professional women wish out loud for a male addition to the team to balance things out and overrule gridlock. Especially since women can be so much better at collaboration in other settings (for example, in times of scarcity).

Aaaaaanyway, going more off topic might not be possible....

For Love of Everything Shell

5 Year Member
Of course :) Jk .... To close out our hijacking ... I'm in a male dominant field, it is craziness and refreshing to meet a fellow female that can hack it! Now if we could all just stay on task...(no pun intended for this hijacking) and be focused on the mission instead of impressing the opposite sex I believe a mix of male female type A and type B personalities gives the best formula for success! ...but it is hard to come by :(

Status
Not open for further replies.