Happy Holidays

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Although 2020 was a year to forget, one of the things I am greatful for and was extremely fantastic and memorable was the beginnings of a Galapagos Project.

So here's a wish of a Happy Holiday season and much better 2020 for us all!

This is one of the pure West Santa Cruz Island Giant Tortoises (Cheloniodis porteri) hatched here April 29, 2020. Picture taken Tuesday. Already 1000g.

Mark

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!

Merry Christmas 2020.jpg

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Although 2020 was a year to forget, one of the things I am greatful for and was extremely fantastic and memorable was the beginnings of a Galapagos Project.

This is one of the pure West Santa Cruz Island Giant Tortoises (Cheloniodis porteri) hatched here April 29, 2020. Picture taken Tuesday. Already 1000g.

Mark

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!

View attachment 313905
Happy holidays to you and yours Mark! And simply gorgeous :<3::tort:

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Merry Christmas Mark.

Mandysaur

Austin, Texas

Mark

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!

View attachment 313905
He is beautiful. What does your project entail?

Traveler's mom

Alabama

Mark

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!

View attachment 313905
Beautiful...wishing ya'll a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
He is beautiful. What does your project entail?
I am working with 2 others here in California to help define and then make available, best husbandry practices for raising Galapagos from egg to adult. Showing how brooder box starts, closed chambers with high humidity, etc, etc, actually applies to Galapagos and affects their ongoing growth and health. From the picture you can see how the first ones we hatched are growing!

A few had asked if I had edited the picture to make it look smoother/rounder. A totally smooth Galapagos is pretty rare! Here's the unedited picture and another shot of some of the rest of the group I'm working with from 2020 hatching. These all hatched from Apr 29 through the beginning of July....

IMG_1098(1).jpg

IMG_1085(1).jpg

JeffR

Sacramento
I am working with 2 others here in California to help define and then make available, best husbandry practices for raising Galapagos from egg to adult. Showing how brooder box starts, closed chambers with high humidity, etc, etc, actually applies to Galapagos and affects their ongoing growth and health. From the picture you can see how the first ones we hatched are growing!

A few had asked if I had edited the picture to make it look smoother/rounder. A totally smooth Galapagos is pretty rare! Here's the unedited picture and another shot of some of the rest of the group I'm working with from 2020 hatching. These all hatched from Apr 29 through the beginning of July....

View attachment 314007

View attachment 314008
How may do you have ?