HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR BELOVED ASIAN FRIENDS!!!! :)

HLogic

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Don't forget all of the central and south american indigenous folk, the druids...and a host of other 'luna'tics

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Happy new years anyone who celebrates... hmm next year I think I will do something. In lower grades in grade school we used to celebrate Chinese New Year and make lanterns and read stories and watch videos. I wonder if they even still teach things like that in school, goodness forbid they teach about another culture or holiday now-a-days.
I still remember I was born in the year of the rooster.

Prairie Mom

Don't forget all of the central and south american indigenous folk, the druids...and a host of other 'luna'tics
woops! Do Central and South America celebrate New Year at this time also?? Please fill us in on what you know:)

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
woops! Do Central and South America celebrate New Year at this time also?? Please fill us in on what you know:)

Mayan, Aztec & Incan cultures were all lunatics. It wouldn't surprise me if some extant indigenous tribes are still...

Prairie Mom

It wouldn't surprise me if some extant indigenous tribes are still...

So, I'm guessing they probably won't notice that I excluded them in my original post. ;)

Just in case...

:<3::tort::<3:HAPPY NEW YEAR CENTRAL & SOUTH AMERICAN
INDIGENOUS TRIBAL MEMBERS!!!!!
MAY YOU HAVE A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR, LESS RAIN FOREST DESTRUCTION, AND TURTLES AND TORTOISES WITH NICE HUMID SHELLS! :<3::tort::<3:

HEE HEE:)

Prairie Mom

Ringing in the New Year Right!!! :)

lunar new year food.jpg
All my sister's hard work. She is AMAZING :)

lunar new year kids.jpg
A few of my Nieces and Nephews during the festivities. The first sweetheart is Chinese, handsome young man is Kazakh (his brother is out of the country right now), and the third beauty is Vietnamese. I love and am so proud of all of my family and dearly love celebrating all of our traditions. The people of this world are very cool :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wow! You really do have a very diverse family. Many cultures to learn about and celebrate.

Are the scrumptious foods in the picture Asian?

Last edited:

Prairie Mom

Wow! You really do have a vary diverse family. Many cultures to learn about and celebrate.

Are the scrumptious foods in the picture Asian?
Yes, Vietnamese and Chinese. I can ZERO credit:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Merrick

5 Year Member
South Florida
I love the new year my dad side of the family is Chinese jamican so my popo (grandma) has a huge party all my Florida family members come over and celebrate along with a few family friends

Prairie Mom

I love the new year my dad side of the family is Chinese jamican so my popo (grandma) has a huge party all my Florida family members come over and celebrate along with a few family friends
Fun! It sounds like you guys have a great celebration:)