Has Anyone In The UK Or Elsewhere Noticed Their Tortoise Preparing For Hibernation?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It's been high 90's here last few days and with humidity, feeling like 110-115. More upper 80's and humid next three days. No brumating action here with my Russian, he's just trying to survive the heat.
I have noticed a couple threads though where the OP torts has stopped eating. Not sure the reason.

MaNaAk

Southend
It's been high 90's here last few days and with humidity, feeling like 110-115. More upper 80's and humid next three days. No brumating action here with my Russian, he's just trying to survive the heat.
I have noticed a couple threads though where the OP torts has stopped eating. Not sure the reason.
Yes I thought I noticed them @wellington but now I can't find them. I am assuming that it has something to do with the cooler and longer nights. I remember fifteen years ago when Jacky and Daisy stopped eating in August because summer was a washout. At that time mum had passed away the year before and dad and I took over their care so we were concerned. We took them to the vets to be told that they were fine for hibernation!

Natrah

Tinyhigg

UK
I just picked a few dandelion flowers on my way home from work and put them in his plate while I went to get his bath stuff. They were gone by the time I returned.