Hatching of star eggs -reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

samstar

5 Year Member
K Tan said:
samstar said:
Congrats! how big is the mother and how old? You from Malaysia?

Hi,
The mother is about 12 inches, heavy and solid, and 7-8 years old. I am not from Malaysia but yr friendly neighbour.

Haha Singapore is a beautiful place, I love it.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
What beautiful little miracles...

I have the baby itch so stinking bad, I can't stand it....

ISTortoiseLover

10 Year Member!
wow nice K TAN! what kinda equipment (heating source) and food do u give your tortoises? and do u de-worm your tortoises?

K Tan

5 Year Member
ISTortoiseLover said:
wow nice K TAN! what kinda equipment (heating source) and food do u give your tortoises? and do u de-worm your tortoises?

I place my baby tortoises in a wooden tray with cocopeat chips and dried branches. They are fed with leafy vegetables,tomatoes, flowers, and dry tortoise pellets. They are growing very well. They especially like to eat flowers as the petals are very soft. Currently they are tiny so food that is juicy yet thin suits them the best.

There is no need for heating source as the climate is tropical. Have not de-worm the tortoises.

ISTortoiseLover

10 Year Member!
oicic.. I'm from sg too. My young tortoise likes the heat lamp.. not very sure why.
Any particular diet u feed your adult tortoises? Seeing that u have bred your own batch from your own adult tortoises, u are definitely one of the few in sg.

samstar

5 Year Member
You guys should not be saying you'll are from Singapore, you never know whose reading up these posts..

M

Maggie Cummings

What difference does it matter where they are from? And it is highly unlikely that anyone could find them in a place like Singapore. But would you mind explaining to me why not say where they are from? Thanking you in advance...

ISTortoiseLover

10 Year Member!
I could do the honours of that question, maggie. There is a strict ban on all reptiles in singapore. Everything, except terrapins as pets and turtles for consumption in restaurants. The next best reptile u could "legally" own are the house geckos. lol

So we're just afraid the authorities would confiscate our tortoises. Though i've only heard of incidences where the smugglers are caught and not the owners.

Never knew anyone who brought in captive bred tortoises as well. Kinda sucks really.

K Tan

5 Year Member
ISTortoiseLover said:
oicic.. I'm from sg too. My young tortoise likes the heat lamp.. not very sure why.
Any particular diet u feed your adult tortoises? Seeing that u have bred your own batch from your own adult tortoises, u are definitely one of the few in sg.

Nothing in particular - lots of leafy vegetables and flowers, that's all.

samstar

5 Year Member
There are quite a few tort keepers in Singapore, only they keep very low key. I'm their friendly neighbour. :)

radhika

5 Year Member
they r wonderfull. i am also very sorry for the 2 that dint survived. but congratulations for the 2 that survived.

well what about the remaining 3 eggs.

chetanjain86

5 Year Member
i want to know wht is size of ur tortoise where bcoz i have 1 pair so tell me size when there hatch the egg

Status
Not open for further replies.