He doesn't drink?

Damien Szkatulski

Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio, United States
My baby sulcata has constant access to water bowls in his enclosure, and I have not seen him drink or soak from them in a long time. He drank normally when I first got him, and he stopped drinking when I went from soaking twice a week to twice daily. And his tank has always been well misted. Is it normal for him to not drink or soak in his enclosure given that he is soaks twice a day? Or should I be concerned?

Damien Szkatulski

Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio, United States
What water bowls are they? Could be he isn't too comfortable climbing into them. Also, with two soaks daily I wouldn't think he'd get thirsty too often.

I was just going to get on and update the thread. Literal minutes after posting this he woak up, got a drink, ate the vitamin d3/calcium supplemented spring mix I gave him (he usually eats the un-sprinkled pile) and did a few laps of his enclosure! And I did take what you said into account and leveled his water bowls better (they were previously a bit above ground)

Stanley's corral

My 5 year old sulcata hates water and never drinks it. I soak him about every week or so. All he wants to do is escape but, I force him to soak for 20 min. So... I give him plenty of watermelon and watch is stool. And he seems to thrive really well.