He isn't as active, any ideas?

TayefA08

Location (City and/or State)
UK, Wales,
Hey my RT, Rammus seems to be quite inactive these past couple of days ive had him for about 3 weeks now and at the start he was like this but after a few days he was very active and he'd be running around his table climbing and just enjoying himself but he seems to have slow down and I know this could be due to lighting and heating but ive got this set up perfectly. His basking temp is 33C his ambient temp is 26C and his cool end is 22C so im not sure what the issue is any ideas?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
running around the enclosure is not a sign of enjoyment it's a sign of terror because they're going to a new territory I think it's good that he slowed down, he's more relaxed. is he eating?

TayefA08

UK, Wales,
running around the enclosure is not a sign of enjoyment it's a sign of terror because they're going to a new territory I think it's good that he slowed down, he's more relaxed. is he eating?
He is but he seems to only eat one type of leave its purple sorry i forgot what its called i also put lambs lettuce and some rockets inthere but he never eats them how much calcium powder should i be putting on the food and how often? He is 8 months old by the way

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I agree with @dmmj . When a tort runs around his/her enclosure I can assure you that something is wrong:

-he/she may be frightened
-" " " may want to get out if the enclosure is too small/cold
- " " " would need time to get used to a new enclosure

TayefA08

UK, Wales,
I agree with @dmmj . When a tort runs around his/her enclosure I can assure you that something is wrong:

-he/she may be frightened
-" " " may want to get out if the enclosure is too small/cold
- " " " would need time to get used to a new enclosure
Yeah but hes calmed down now i dont need tips on that i understand what youve said

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
By the way, would you please post a pics of your tort and his enclosure?

Thank you.

TayefA08

UK, Wales,

Thank you.
Sorry youll have to wait till the morning I live in Wales and its about 10 o clock and my RT is asleep i really dont like disturbing him lol

TayefA08

UK, Wales,

Thank you.
Just remembered i had pictures saved on my camera roll lol

Attachments

• 1488405930065.jpg
    1488405930065.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 1488405939812.jpg
    1488405939812.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 1488405973307.jpg
    1488405973307.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 1488405988372.jpg
    1488405988372.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 22

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
Hatchlings spend most of the day hiding in the wild, so as not to get eaten. A lot of activity outside of meal times isn't to be expected. Your enclosure is quite open - you could try adding more things to hide behind (like plants) to make it feel more comfortable and secure.

TayefA08

UK, Wales,
Hatchlings spend most of the day hiding in the wild, so as not to get eaten. A lot of activity outside of meal times isn't to be expected. Your enclosure is quite open - you could try adding more things to hide behind (like plants) to make it feel more comfortable and secure.
Yeah ill try do that but he sleeps in quite a werid position like he'll have his head out just laying on the floor and his feet just dangle out loosly is this normal? And sometimes he would sleep with his back legs in the air? Lol

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
Sounds like he's basking - they expose as much skin as possible to the light to maximize its benefit. Legs and neck are often stretched out in silly ways to do this.