Not open for further replies.

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
Ventura County, CA
Hiya Maggie Dear ~

Have you heard anything? And how are you fairing thru? Keep us posted as we all feel for you!

And Stace, you too, are much too kind. I do my bestest to be encouraging to others. {and if I am, surely the credit is not mine, but Gods', as He is my positive rock in such a negative world!}

Blessings to All,
A Purpod Peep :)

M

Maggie Cummings

Purpod...I posted an update you evidently missed, I am sorry about that...The necropsy on Beakless showed that he had a blood clot on his brain and "stroked out".
Big Bubba is still very sick and is now having trouble walking. I am feeding him with a syringe and he actually is cooperating and eating alright...I still have hopes for him.

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Awww, Magg, sorry I missed it! Not getting to "play" online as I used to has left me in-the-dark on some things.

Hopefully you can now understand that his passing had nothing to do with you or the care you provided! If anything, you gave him the love and affection that all of us critters desire and require for growth.

Bestest blessings to Big Bubba and your entire family ~ know you are well thought of and prayed for!

Always, Purpod

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Maggie...I am glad to hear Big Bubba is eating. When does he go back to the vet? Did they check for cancer? Test for FIV, etc? I am praying he gets better soon.
Hugs
Patsy

M

Maggie Cummings

Bubba is eating from a syringe, not eating on his own. He is very sick and not out of the woods by any means...I want him eating out of his own food dish, not eating from a syringe that I have put in his mouth...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
but, he's such an ornery old coot, that his allowing you to feed him, even tho' it IS from a syringe, is pretty good news!

Yvonne

M

Maggie Cummings

He staggers when he walks, which is rare...(the walking not the staggering). But yesterday a couple of times he walked and pooped as he was walking. So I think now I need to think about how sick IS he, does he have a chance to recover and how should I handle the thinking about having him put to rest with dignity...and could I actually do that. It's awful and fills my mind all day. I try to read the forum to take my mind off of it...but that doesn't work, I'm not on here much anymore. I try to get involved with my tortoises but Big Bubba fills my mind 24/7 every minute all day

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
maggie3fan said:
He staggers when he walks, which is rare...(the walking not the staggering). But yesterday a couple of times he walked and pooped as he was walking. So I think now I need to think about how sick IS he, does he have a chance to recover and how should I handle the thinking about having him put to rest with dignity...and could I actually do that. It's awful and fills my mind all day. I try to read the forum to take my mind off of it...but that doesn't work, I'm not on here much anymore. I try to get involved with my tortoises but Big Bubba fills my mind 24/7 every minute all day

It must be terrible for you Maggie :(
It is easy to see that you really love him, I am sure you will take the right decision. What did the vet says, does he think there is still a chance?

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I don't know how you are doing this alone Maggie. I just wish there was someone to help you. My thoughts and prayers are always with you.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Maggie.. make sure the sodium isnt too high in the chicken broth. I think they have low or no sodium broth...
Also.. subQ fluids would help him as well. check with your vet as to how much per day. but if he has toxins in his body, it will help flush them out and keep his kidneys strong.

M

Maggie Cummings

DuttonWebb said:
So sad. :[ Im sorry. Hes is tortoise heaven now. :']

He's my cat Dutton...my 15 yr old companion...my son said today that Big Bubba was a better husband to me then any of my 3...ha ha

FunnyGirl

5 Year Member
You know, I have been reading this post with a kind of happiness and sadness in my heart. Death is a much a part of Life as birth . I hope that when it comes time for the Lord to take my torts or my dogs, that they honor me - as you have been honored Maggie - to choose to die in my arms. For, despite the pain and grief I know will follow, I will know that I have been blessed to be chosen by my special friend to be a witness and to share the hardest and scariest moment of life - their death. Beakless needed you, he chose you, and we know he rejoiced in the warmth of your caring hands and radiating love as he moved on.

When it comes time for you to hold "Big Bubba" remember the greatest gift you can give to him is of yourself. I have a 15 1/2 year old dog who has been with me through some of the most trying times of my life including fighting chemical dependency (yep, nice way of saying drug addict) and I know that this year I too just may have to hold the Best Friend the Lord ever gave me as she makes the first step on the rest of her journey.

Your in my prayers

Status
Not open for further replies.