Heat pannel

navycop2004

Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
I was trying to figure out how to make my enclosure heated more. It currently has a deep heat projector and a 100W CHE i believe. Her enclosure is 8x4x4. I was looking into radiant heat panels, any suggestions on those or should I just add another ceramic heat emitter?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I was trying to figure out how to make my enclosure heated more. It currently has a deep heat projector and a 100W CHE i believe. Her enclosure is 8x4x4. I was looking into radiant heat panels, any suggestions on those or should I just add another ceramic heat emitter?
In a 4 foot tall enclosure you would need to hang the RHP down about 30 inches for it to be effective. They don't throw heat all that far. I don't think it would do much up on the ceiling.

navycop2004

Oregon
Is it a closed chamber or a semi sealed enclosure?
They're much easier to keep warm by their design.
it is fully enclosed, I cant keep it warmer than 84, I have 2 deep heat projector, one on eaither side and a CHE on one of the sides as well

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
it is fully enclosed, I cant keep it warmer than 84, I have 2 deep heat projector, one on eaither side and a CHE on one of the sides as well
This is why it is not recommended to make tortoise enclosures 4 feet tall. Its very difficult to heat them because heat rises.

What is the room temp where the enclosure is? How much ventilation did you build in?

Deep heat projectors are not recommend either because of the way the make heat.

A mini radiant oil heater on a shelf or table out of tortoise reach inside the enclosure would solve this problem, but it wouldn't look so pretty.

I would hang 3 or 4 150 CHE's form the ceiling. That would probably do it.

navycop2004

Oregon
This is why it is not recommended to make tortoise enclosures 4 feet tall. Its very difficult to heat them because heat rises.

What is the room temp where the enclosure is? How much ventilation did you build in?

Deep heat projectors are not recommend either because of the way the make heat.

A mini radiant oil heater on a shelf or table out of tortoise reach inside the enclosure would solve this problem, but it wouldn't look so pretty.

I would hang 3 or 4 150 CHE's form the ceiling. That would probably do it.
Well the place I got it from said it would be perffect for a redfoot enclosure. I was also reccomended the deep heat projectors. I have one 150 che in there already and just for 2 more yesterday which I will put in there tomorrow. It stays about 70ish in the room downstairs.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Well the place I got it from said it would be perffect for a redfoot enclosure.
How much money did they make by telling you that? If its perfect, then why isn't it working in a 70 degree room?

Info sources outside of this forum are just not reliable. I'm sure you seen this in your time here?