Heat Tape

bimmel20

Location (City and/or State)
Indiana
In addition to my Sulcata Tortoise, I have two ball pythons. I am switching them over to heat tape. The tortoise uses a PowerSun lamp for warmth and UVB. All three enclosures are lined up on an eight foot table. I am considering running the heat tape all the way across the table. Is there any issue in utilizing heat tape AND the PowerSun bulb for my tortoise? Or is this overkill? Thanks.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
In addition to my Sulcata Tortoise, I have two ball pythons. I am switching them over to heat tape. The tortoise uses a PowerSun lamp for warmth and UVB. All three enclosures are lined up on an eight foot table. I am considering running the heat tape all the way across the table. Is there any issue in utilizing heat tape AND the PowerSun bulb for my tortoise? Or is this overkill? Thanks.
Your tort doesn't need it.

Tortoises have evolved to absorb heat from above from the sun. Hence we give them a lamp to bask under. If the air temperature (ambient) is generally too low then get a ceramic heat emitter (CHE) and use that with a thermostat to ensure it only cuts in when and if it's needed