STR First Aid Surgical Tape Remover Debonder

Status
Not open for further replies.

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
AZ
I am posting this in hopes with helps someone else.

STR - Surgical and Sports Tape Remover Also Marketed under the name Tag Off (elantecmed com).

*Made from cosmetic-type ingredients
*Practically odorless
*Non-volatile, non-toxic, non-flammable

*Used by hospitals, clinics, sports trainers, athletes, veterinarians, animal breeders, animal rescue clinics.

*Useful for all types of tape, bandages, adhesives, and adhesive patches.

*Nontoxic adhesive removers for household, hospital, animals, school and college, industry, and government uses.

*USES:

price tags and labels, appliance labels and instructions, masking tape from windows, gum from hair, clothing, and carpets, electronic equipment labels and tags, instrument panel labels and tags, tar, shoe polish, and white-out from skin, labels from computer disks, cassettes, and computers, duct tape residue, adhesive residues, and oil-based paint from skin, and many more applications.

This product has been used to release casts from wildlife. Kind of oily. Cleans up with mild soap and water.

In my baby snake cage the background was secured with several patches of double sided tape. Between the heat and the curious baby snake pushing herself into a small gap behind the background, the tape separated from the glass and you can guess the rest.

It would not have so bad of an ordeal if the snake was not twisted at the vent and doubled back on itself on the tape. Quick thinking with napkins, snake hook and hemostats prevented the snake from dangling for life. Napkins prevented it from sticking to anything else. Then right into a 8 inch cube with dry moss.

All I did to fix this was put the baby snake in a tuppertub with a vented lid and spray the tape to soak the tape. In the dark the snake relaxed and naturally allowed itself to release from the tape. The bottom of the tub was coated with this stuff so it was a matter of 10 minutes that the tape started to release. Therefore allowing full body movement. The tape totally released from the body after an hour because I started working it off with chop sticks while the tape was anchored with hemostats. That snake must have cracked a smile.

The cage is completely devoid of anything adhesive including the Thermometer/Hydrometer.

I saved myself an hour at the Vet, plus possible anesthesia and a nights stay. On top of that they wanted to release the CB Hybrid Diamondback. Their estimate $100+. I only spent $30 with Express shipping on the debonder. :)

img000000_2.jpg

One happy little rattler, priceless.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Great piece of information! Potentially useful as well for tortoises that have had things glued or stuck to their shells.

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
Good point.

The only thing this will not breakdown is Crazy Glue (cynoacrylate). For that use a Cynoacrylate debonder found at a Hobby Shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.