1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Good catch Bean Farm

Discussion in 'Tortoise Vendor Reviews' started by Alexio, Jul 28, 2016.

Help Support Tortoise Forums by donating:

1. Alexio

Alexio Active Member

Location (City and/or State):
    Syracuse, New York
    I just wanted to take a minute and write a review for the Bean Farm.
    I order my high end heating / electronic supplies, specifically heat tape which they sell by the foot in many sizes and the Herpstat (widely considered the best thermostat on the market.) They also have a ton more stuff than just electronic supplies.
    This is the second time I have ordered from them, and was very pleased with my first order. This time I only needed some heat tape and some connectors. In my haste and using a small screen I mistakenly ordered the 220 v heat tape for Europe and Asia. Within two hours of my placing the order I had gotten an email back from them explaining that I had ordered the 220v instead of the 110v, and wondering if I had meant to order it. Realizing my mistake I explained I had ordered the wrong one and needed the 110v instead. They said they would refund me the difference in price and substitute the correct voltage heat tape.
    So I am very thankful that they caught my mistake so fast, because I likely would not have noticed and may have even run into hazards when I tried to wire a very different voltage wire and plug.
    So if you have not been to the Bean Farm yet I would highly recommend them and their customer service.
    Yelloweyed likes this.